What is IV Vitamin Therapy?
What are the benefits of IV vitamin infusion?
You’ve seen IV vitamin therapy everywhere from celebrities’ Instagram page to your neighbourhood’s new drip lounge. But what exactly is a vitamin drip, and what makes it so great? Intravenous therapy, or IV therapy, bypasses the digestive tract and transports hydration and nutrients directly to your bloodstream. Vitamin drip, a specific type of IV therapy, efficiently administers vitamins, minerals, and medications to the body through an IV drip. Until recently, IV therapy was primarily used in hospitals for patient recovery. However, celebrities like Madonna and Kendall Jenner have popularized the therapy once they discovered its extraordinary benefits. IV vitamin therapy delivers nutrients directly to the bloodstream and makes them instantly accessible by the body for use. Offering almost 100% absorption (while oral supplements offer 30-80%), IV treatments ensure that cells receive the nutrients they need to thrive. This optimal cell function promotes a number of body systems.
Benefits of IV Therapy
While there are many, here are the top 5 benefits of IV vitamin therapy.
1. Increased Wellness
Wellness includes not just your physical health, but your mental health as well. The body needs a certain level of vitamins and minerals to work at its best, but the demands of daily life can make it difficult to get these. IV vitamin treatment delivers nutrients that the body can absorb and use immediately that can support your mental wellbeing.
- L-Carnitine promotes energy
- Vitamin A supports brain, skin, muscle, heart, and immune health
- B Vitamins optimizes energy
2. Illness Prevention
Many factors can take a toll on your immune health, such as stress, lack of sleep, and poor diet. As immune health decreases, you are more susceptible to sickness. IV vitamin therapy strengthens your immunity by delivering the nutrients your body needs to fight off illness.
Illness prevention benefits:
- Vitamin C fights illness and stress
- Zinc, an immunity powerhouse, works preventatively to ensure illness doesn’t stand a chance
- B12 helps improve cellular repair while promoting healthy blood and nervous system function
3. Rapid Hangover Relief
Alcohol dehydrates you and depletes your body of nutrients in the process. This shrinks tissue, particularly in the brain, which causes headaches and muscle aches. The liver also generates toxins, adding to your hangover discomfort. IV therapy combats these hangover symptoms.
Hangover relief benefits:
- Hydration through saline solution alongside anti-inflammatory ingredients quickly relieves pain
- Hydration helps mitigate headaches and urinary and kidney problems, which are side effects of hangovers
- Toradol, a powerful anti-inflammatory medicine, helps rapidly combats pain
4. Enhanced Beauty
Beauty begins on the inside. Unlike topical treatments, IV vitamin therapy delivers antioxidants directly to the body and cleanses cells of free radicals that contribute to aging and tissue damage.
Enhanced beauty benefits:
- B-complex vitamins, are beneficial for hair and nail health
- Vitamin C is vital for healthy, youthful, radiant skin because it helps boost collagen production, which promotes firmer and clearer skin
- Glutathione is one of the most efficient antioxidants to help fight the physiological symptoms of aging and oxidative stress
5. Improved Athletic Recovery
Any workout – from professional to amateur – exhausts the body. Exercise causes muscle fatigue, while also causing a buildup of free radicals. IV vitamin therapy wipes these away and restores hydration and nutrients.
Athletic recovery benefits:
- Amino acids decrease muscle loss and improve metabolism
- Instant hydration and nutrient delivery helps athletes recover at a much faster rate, meaning performance improves as well
Best Way to Absorb Vitamins
that’s what makes IV vitamin therapy so great! Everyone has different bodies with different needs. With its numerous benefits, IV drips provide a solution for all.